Event Terms & Conditions
Open Trail Event Terms & Conditions
By booking with us you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions. Open Trail holds full Public Liability Insurance. Please be aware that activities take place over rough natural ground and although we take every precaution to ensure safe play, accidents may occur. The Forest school leaders are qualified, first aid trained and CRB/DBS checked. We risk assess our site and put boundaries in place to ensure a safe experience for the children.
To book a place you must complete a booking request form (either before the event or on the day, they are available on https://www.opentrail.co.uk/kinver-edge-forest-school , this is regarding emergency contact info, medical requirements and photograph permissions, it does not including the booking through Yapsody). Places will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Refunds & Cancellations
We will offer a refund if Open Trail have to cancel a session due to staff sickness. We are not able to offer a refund if your child cannot attend, however subject to availability we may be able to offer an alternative session. Full refunds are given if you provide 5 working day’s notice, the option to rebook is provided between 5 working days and 24 hours. If you cancel 24 hours beforehand no refund or rebooking will be offered.
Please note we operate all year round & in most weather conditions however, courses will not run if the Met office weather forecast shows a predicted wind speed (gust or continual speed) of 42mph or above for any part of the day. In these circumstances we will make a decision to cancel by 6pm on the previous day. We will inform parents/guardians by email and text using the information you supply at booking. We will also put a note on the home page of our website and our facebook. If we cancel because of adverse weather you will be offered a day in lieu.
If unpredicted high winds, lightning or the likelihood of either develops over one of our sites during a session then we will evacuate the site immediately. In that instance we will contact you via the emergency numbers you give at booking and ask you to arrange to collect your child from the dropoff point. We do not offer refunds or days in lieu for cancellations due to lightning/high winds developing during the day.
Please do not bring your child to attend forest school if he/she has been sick or has had diarrhoea within the previous 48 hours. We do wish your child a speedy recovery and we will happily offer another session at a later date. If your child has either of the symptoms whilst at forest school, we will call you so you can collect your child.
We cannot stress enough how important it is to dress your children according to the weather, so they can have a positive experience at forest school. We reserve the right to refuse entry and no refund will be granted if your child is not dressed correctly for a day in the forest. Please visit the kit list page. Remember to name their hats, scarves and gloves. Please note that even if it has not been raining, water proofs are essential during the winter months. If your child becomes uncomfortably cold throughout the session and has no additional layers to apply, we will call you and give you the option to deliver and dress your child in more layers or to collect your child from the setting. No refund will be granted. In the summer months the children need to be wearing long sleeved t-shirts, long light weight trousers, protective footwear (no open toe sandals or crocs) and a summer hat. Please also apply sun cream lotion to your child before the session starts.
Be prepared that your child will sometimes come home muddy and wet but they will have had a great day!
We reserve the right to remove your child from our premises if negative or unkind behaviour persists. A refund will not be granted and we reserve the right to withdraw your child from future sessions. We have a duty to protect all of our children and staff.
We do not allow children to have mobile phones during our sessions unless this has been agreed in advance by parents with head office. If your child brings a phone without permission then the leader will confiscate it and return it to you at the end of the session.
Our staff are not authorised to give any medication to your child / children unless you sign for prior consent. In the summer months we do strongly advise to apply sun cream lotion to your child BEFORE the session starts. Our staff are not authorised to apply lotions so please ensure it is applied previously.
Drop off and Collection
We require your child to be on time and to be collected on time. Please contact us if you are running late for collection so we can reassure your child / children. A charge of £15 will be charged for every 30 minutes you are late.
On the booking form you will be asked if we are allowed to take and use photographs/videos of your children. These are the full conditions:
- Open Trail will not use the personal details or full names (which means first name and surname) of any child in a photographic image on video, online or offline.
- If we use photographs of individual children, we will not use the name of that child in the accompanying text or photo caption, unless we have your agreement.
- We may include pictures of children that have been drawn by the children.
- We may use group photographs or footage with very general labels, such as “Forest School session”
- We will only use images of children who are suitably dressed, to reduce the risk of such images being used inappropriately.
- Websites can be viewed all over the world, not just in the United Kingdom where UK law applies.
- Parents / Carers consent will be recorded in line with date protection and will be retained no longer than is necessary for the purpose the data was obtained for.
- As the child’s parents/carers, you agree that if you take photographs or video recordings of your child/ren which include other children, you will use these for personal and family use only and you will not post on any personal social media accounts. You understand that where consent has not been obtained from the other parents for any other use, you would be in breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 if you used the recordings for any wider purpose.
If you have any questions regarding these terms please do not hesitate to contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org or 07790690078)